Desktop Media is small application for Windows (any flavor) that automatically adds drive icons to your desktop. It will detect USB drives, fixed drives (ie. your hard drives), CD/DVD drives, network drives, and even RAM disk drives. For removable media (such as USB drives and CD/DVD drives), it will only add the drive to your desktop if it is present. So if you have a CD/DVD drive, but no disc is present, you won't see the icon on your desktop.
How much does it cost?
Absolutely nothing! Desktop Media is (and always will be) a free application. However, you can help out by clicking on one of the ads to the right :)
How can I get it?
Click the link below to download the latest version.
What features does it have?
Desktop Media has the following features:
- Automatically detects new (or existing) media and adds the icons to your desktop.
- Has the ability to create soft links (shortcuts) or hard links (symbolic links).
- Supports removable, fixed, network, CD/DVD, and RAM disk drives.
- Ability to ignore user-specified drive letters.
- Has the option to save the positions of the icons.
What does it look like?
Here are some screenshots of what the app does.